The ICF definition of supervision is ‘coaching supervision focusses on the development of the coach’s capacity through offering a richer and broader opportunity for support and development’.
WHAT supervision can do for you
The purpose of supervision is to enhance the wellbeing and develop the practice of coaches and/or mentors of all levels of experience.
Supervision is considered a powerful vehicle for deep learning. It helps the coach to take a step back and reflect on their practice to gain new insights and perspectives on their practice.
ARE YOU A COACH LOOKING FOR SUPERVISION?
What can you expect?
I would love to support you in developing your coaching skills and practice. At the beginning of the session we will contract your outcomes to manage expectations and ensure that you get what you need from the session.
I am passionate about ensuring standards and ethics for coaching and mentoring so that together, we can raise the bar for high quality coaching.
You can access 1-1 supervision or join my monthly supervision circles on zoom.
Coaching supervision may include:
- Exploring the coach’s internal processes through reflective practice.
- Reviewing the coaching agreement and any other psychological or physical contracts, both implicit and explicit. Understanding the importance of a contract and exploring expectations and assumptions.
- Uncovering blind spot and expanding the coach’s map of the world. It is important that the coach expands their map so they can pace and lead their client in expanding theirs.
- Exploring all aspects of the clients and coach’s environment for opportunities for growth in the system
- Exploring the process of the techniques and giving feedback to refine them. Support to consider appropriate techniques in future coach sessions.
- Ethical issues
There are three key elements that are useful to understand in supervision. These elements guide the supervision session;
- Normative – relates to ethics and competency
- Formative – encourages development and growth
- Supportive – helping the coach to support their client in the best way possible.
Your supervision sessions with me will explore these areas helping you to continuously grow and evolve in your practice.
Modelling best practice
As your supervisor I will support you by modelling best practice and maintaining high standards. The emphasis is on supporting you to model yourself at your best, focussing on your strengths so you bring the best version of yourself in to the coaching relationship.
- Coach you on your coaching.
- Mentor you on your professional development
- Provide an external perspective to ensure quality of practice.
Group supervision session
Places are limited to 6 each month.
- Jan 19th 10-12.30pm
- Feb 23rd 10-12.30pm
- Mar 28th 10-12.30pm
Click to book this month’s session.
Individual supervision session
If you would like individual supervision sessions then please use the contact form below and I will be in touch.
Supervision within Organisations
If you would like supervision for your staff then please use the contact form below to get in touch.
Please contact me here if you would like to find out more information about supervision.